Five and a half weeks into the top floor renovation and things I have learned:
- The build always takes much longer than whatever you've estimated
- The build ALWAYS costs way more than you've budgeted
- My sofa is quite comfortable
- I'm so happy we put a second shower downstairs last year, or we'd have spent (so far) over £5k on renting nearby
- I should have taken out my summer holiday essentials before packing everything away to save having to buy replacement aqua socks, beachwear, playsuits etc
I'm off for a week in the sun with some friends on Wednesday - Rob's holding the fort with the kids (yay!). When I get back we should be on the home straight - the bathroom should be finished and the carpet will have been laid... It will all be worth it (I have to keep telling myself that).