Saturday 3 September 2011

Tidy house, tidy mind

downstairs2

Ah surfaces - how I love thee. In addition to de-junking the spare room last month, I also made us of the extra storage provided by our new sideboard to clear away the various piles of stuff. Amazing how many unread bits of mail, magazines and debris just accumulate and if you leave them long enough, they turn out to be irrelevant and can be chucked. The trick is to biff the kid's creations into the wheelie bin, if they see their efforts in the kitchen bin they tend to go a bit hysterical.

cabinet

So now when I look around our room my eyes don't land on anything that should be tidied away. Unsurprisingly this has allowed me to spend more time doing nothing instead of making piles of stuff to deal with. (Doing nothing when you have house guests is considered polite FYI.)

downstairs

Below is a panorama of the downstairs space to show a continuous expanse of room rather than what was there before, which was a mishmash of newspapers and kids toys. With any luck we can keep this up at least until school starts back next week.


3 comments:

Jasmine @ 207Young said...

I just came across your blog and love it! The cabinets that your TV is sitting on, are they from Ikea? I have the red one, but didn't realise they come in grey? They look great!

My reno blog is here http://207young.blogspot.com

=)

kaybar007 said...

Oh cheers! Like your blog too! And the PUG. Yes they're Ikea cabinets, read earlier posts for what was meant to be there, grr...

CHiCKeNalex said...

OMG I have the same cabinet! haha. I love the painting on the wall. The chairs look really comfy and fit the room. Gorgeous!