Sunday 28 December 2008

Happy anniversary



It's been just over a year to the day since we exchanged contracts on the house. If someone had told me last Christmas that we'd only just be into our house in a year from now, I don't think we would've persevered. I'm glad we did though as despite the expense and delays it really feels like home. I'm not even missing our old bathroom (which was bigger, newer and had windows)...

Progress on the house is going to pick up this coming week as we're off to Holland for New Year's so Teia's coming over to do some snagging and finishing up. I can't believe we're leaving the house now, I could quite happily cocoon here even in its unfinished state but it's going to be messy and dusty. Five days ago the carpet went down on the stairs. It was actually a good idea living with the cold wooden stairs for a few weeks, complete with sharp nails poking out, as it made us appreciate the thick 100% wool carpet so much more once it was laid. The colour's "sable" or thereabouts, sort of a dark browny grey. Will upload a photo soon...

No comments: