Tuesday 2 July 2013

50 shades of grey

I've been adding photos of dark tiles to my Pinterest board for months. Incredibly, Rob and I looked at the same photo and I said 'Those tiles are dark grey, possibly black' and he insisted they were light grey. In the end, I managed to source gunmetal grey tiles in high gloss which were the same shape. Rob wasn't keen, insisting on even smaller tiles, in light grey, with a matt finish. His fictional tiles don't seem to exist so with the plastering all done, my choice won out.

The colour looks like a browny/grey but with the light pouring in a dark colour works fine - and now we're going to argue over dark vs light grey grout...

Looking straight up at the Velux you can see that the builders have used jaunty angles to vault the ceiling. It gives the room an architectural feel. The finish on the plastering and paintwork looks like it was done by professionals which makes all the difference. If I'd had to paint this myself it would look pretty dire...

No comments: