Sunday 30 June 2013

Time and money


Five and a half weeks into the top floor renovation and things I have learned:
  • The build always takes much longer than whatever you've estimated
  • The build ALWAYS costs way more than you've budgeted
  • My sofa is quite comfortable
  • I'm so happy we put a second shower downstairs last year, or we'd have spent (so far) over £5k on renting nearby
  • I should have taken out my summer holiday essentials before packing everything away to save having to buy replacement aqua socks, beachwear, playsuits etc

I'm off for a week in the sun with some friends on Wednesday - Rob's holding the fort with the kids (yay!). When I get back we should be on the home straight - the bathroom should be finished and the carpet will have been laid... It will all be worth it (I have to keep telling myself that).

No comments: