Wednesday 23 April 2008

Peter Jansen sculptures


Human Motions, Thomas Flair Runner by Peter Jansen

I have a funny relationship with art, and hubby and I often argue over what goes up on our walls (subsequently, not a lot). We hardly have any photos on display in our home and admittedly, the white walls do look a bit blank. Not that it matters as we'll be moving out in the foreseeable future (Ha! Still no building quotes, it'll be mid May at the earliest before we appoint a builder… I could cry).

But in Milan last week I found myself completely enamoured with these polyamide models made by Dutch artist Peter Jansen. Aren't they just the most fascinating objects? The actual size was probably not much bigger than a 1.5L bottle of Evian yet the detail and absolute perfectness meant I could quite happily stare at them time and again. Can't find out how much they cost, but I'm guessing it would probably be my entire kitchen budget. For now, I shall settle for these snaps…

No comments: